College of Humanities
I Training Outcome
To cultivate senior artistic professionals in radio & TV who can not only master the basic knowledge in terms of language and literature, film and TV literature, radio & TV art and the theory of journalism and communication, but also possess abilities in radio & TV planning, copy writing, radio & TV writing and directing, production and operation and management.
Graduates can pursue further studies in related discipline, or engage in the industry of radio & TV media and new media and other areas of cultural communications as planners, writers, directors and editors, producers and managers for radio & TV programs and audio-visual content. After five years of practices in the field as well as other areas alike, students comprehensively understand the development of cultural communication especially in the field of radio & TV with strong ability in radio & television program production and higher humanistic quality. Therefore, graduates are capable of producing radio & TV programs and of the work related to the cultural industry production and operation and management.
II Training Requirement
Students can grasp the knowledge and skills in writing and directing of radio & TV and other areas alike through the study primarily on the basic theoretical knowledge of radio & TV art, journalism and communication and literature, and through basic practices in aspects of planning, copy writing, video recording, writing and directing and production, etc.
Following knowledge and skills are required for graduates:
(1) Receiving general education and learning both basic and professional knowledge of the discipline and the major. Keeping abreast of the latest development trend of the discipline with an international view. Being able to explain the phenomenon of the field through the acquired professional knowledge.
(2) With learned knowledge and methods of the major, being able to provide corresponding countermeasures and suggestions that can develop into a final solution through judgement, analysis and study of the existing issues in the field.
(3) Collecting and analyzing the data in the field through proper utilization of modern information technologies and analysis tools to complete the professional tasks.
(4) Skillfully communicating with industry peers and the public about the phenomenon and issues occurred in the field through with both verbal and written communication skills.
(5) Having the awareness of teamwork and can play a personal role in the activities related with the major and multi-disciplines. Being cooperative with other team members.
(6)Having sense of self-conducted learning and life-long learning. Capable of adaptation to the development through continuous study and entrepreneurship.
(7) Possessing the quality of humanities, scientific spirit and social responsibilities. Meanwhile, being a good master of the relevant laws, regulations and policies of the field to understand and abide by the professional ethics and norm during the practices.
(8) A good master of communication skills in foreign languages that can read professional materials written in foreign languages. Also being particular familiar with the computer operational skills that can make use of both general office software and professional media production software.
III Main Discipline and Core Courses
Main discipline: Film-and-television drama; Journalism and communication.
Main courses:(1) Disciplinary courses: introductory theory of television, introductory theory of film, introduction of art, introduction of communication, modern and contemporary Chinese literature, history of Chinese literature and history of European and American literature, etc.; (2) Major courses: audio-visual language, creation and production of documentaries, TV program and channel planning, TV-video recording, radio & TV program production and nonlinearity editing technology, etc.
Practical teaching plans: practice teaching (six weeks); academic year thesis; graduation internship (six weeks); graduation thesis (ten weeks), etc.
Main experiments: audio-visual language, creation and production of documentaries, TV program and channel planning, TV-video recording, radio & TV program production and nonlinearity editing technology.
IV Features and Orientation of the Training
Features: To be adapted to the rapid development of information communication and media culture; Giving full play to superiority of discipline layout as a comprehensive university; Underlining the features of social practicality of the applied-oriented discipline; Strengthening the communication and infiltration between disciplines. Exploring the connotation of the major in writing and directing of radio & TV under the main disciplinary categories of literature, journalism and film-TV drama to underline specialties and advantage of the training, which is “wider range of employment opportunities with solid knowledge basis”, “equal stress on theory and practices”, and “high integrated quality and strong learning ability and adaptability”.
V Length of Schooling
Generally four years.
Bachelor of Arts
VII Qualified Standards for Graduation
(1) Having both good thinking quality and physical quality, which conform to standard of moral education and physical education stipulated by school.
(2) Through all teaching plans required in the training program, students should gain accumulated 150 credits, including 132 credits from course-teaching and 18 credits from practical teaching.
(3) Completing extra-curricular training plan to acquire another eight credits.