College of Humanities
I Training Outcome
Cultivating senior professionals in the field of advertising who can be broadly suitable for the needs of social creativity and originality. And professionals who not only master the basic knowledge and theory of advertisement, but also have abilities in aspects of collecting and processing, interviewing and writing, operating, handling and controlling of new media communication and the creativity and originality of advertisement communication. And professionals who have abilities in the whole-case handling of advertisement communication and marketing-from planning, innovation to completion-and operation and management of cultural creativity and originality. And professionals who master software knowledge that can be applied to video-ads production, design and communication of computer print-ads, design and communication of computer 3D-ads and website editing and design.
After graduation, students can pursue further studies in relevant discipline, or connect the work of market management, product promotion, creativity, survey and consultation and public relations and communication in the fields of journalism and communication, industry and commerce, finance and insurance, cultural innovation, mass communication, new media communication, society advisory and survey or at state organs and public institutions. After five-year practical training, students can preliminarily learn the theoretical knowledge of advertising and gain the required quality by the major learning of journalism and communication. Therefore, they can be competent in the innovation and management job in related industry as expected.
II Training Requirement
Students in this major should master systematic knowledge and skills related to advertisement through basic and theoretical learning of advertisement and practices acquiring in terms of planning, originality, marketing of advertisement, design and communication of computer print-ads and 3D-ads, website design and editing and production of video-ads, etc.
(1) Receiving general education of journalism and communication and learning both basic and professional knowledge of advertisement. Having in hand the development trend of the discipline with an international view. Being able to explain the phenomenon of the field through the acquired professional knowledge.
(2) With learned knowledge and methods of the major, being able to provide corresponding countermeasures and suggestions that can develop into a final solution through judgement, analysis and study of the existing issues in the field.
(3) Collecting and analyzing the data in the field through proper utilization of modern information technologies and analysis tools to complete the professional tasks.
(4) Skillfully communicating with industry peers and the public about the phenomenon and issues occurred in the field through with both verbal and written communication skills.
(5) Having the awareness of teamwork and can play a personal role in the activities related with the major and multi-disciplines. Being cooperative with other team members.
(6)Having sense of self-conducted learning and life-long learning. Capable of adaptation to the development through continuous study and entrepreneurship.
(7) Possessing the quality of humanities, scientific spirit and social responsibilities. Meanwhile, being a good master of the relevant laws, regulations and policies of the field to understand and abide by the professional ethics and norm during the practices.
(8) Requirement in terms of foreign languages and software: design and communication of computer print-ads and 3D-ads, website design and editing and production of video-ads, etc.
III Main Discipline and Core Courses
Main discipline: Communication; Artistic design; Marketing.
Core courses: introduction of communication, introduction of advertisement, Chinese and foreign history of advertisement, advertising copy, advertising planning, creative thinking, advertising originality and case study, marketing, integrated marketing communication, marketing of new media and case study, communication and application of social media, advertisement culture, visual culture, advertising symbols, advertising sociology, advertising aesthetics, corporate culture, advertising media types, TV-ads, advertising psychology, brand culture and communication, aesthetics of advertisement designing, modern advertisement and visual communication, modern advertisement design, design history of modern advertisement, fundamentals of advertisement design, computer print-ads design, computer 3D-ads design, website advertisement design and video-ads art, etc.
Practical teaching plans: practice teaching (six weeks); academic year thesis; graduation internship (six weeks); graduation thesis (ten weeks).
Main experiments: painting, computer print-ads design, computer 3D-ads design, website-ads design, advertising photography and filming and video editing, etc.
IV Features and Orientation of the Major
Features: the major, in terms of talent training, has laid stress on the humanistic education, broad and professional vision, solid and systematic knowledge and higher ability in advertising originality, design, production and communication. To meet the needs of the development of advertisement and communication, take advantage of discipline plan as a comprehensive university, lay stress on social practicality of applied-oriented disciplines as well as strengthen the blending of related disciplines. Building a talent-training base which is open to advertisement research, advertisement education and advertisement talents, under the guidance of modern communication, with the approach of multidiscipline-oriented education and on the basis of modern teaching ideas and methods.
V Length of Schooling
Generally four years.
Bachelor of Arts
VII Qualified Standards for Graduation
(1) Having both good thinking quality and physical quality, which conform to standard of moral education and physical education stipulated by school.
(2) Through all teaching plans required in the training program, students should gain accumulated 150 credits, including 132 credits from course-teaching and 18 credits from practical teaching.
(3) Completing extra-curricular training plan to acquire another eight credits.