College of Humanities
I Training Outcome
To foster senior talents of oral communication for radio & TV who grasp the basic knowledge in aspects of language and literature and journalism and communication, and the theoretical knowledge of broadcasting and hosting. Meanwhile, to train talents to gain abilities in broadcasting and hosting for radio & TV and news interview and editing. The major mainly focuses on the study of literature, journalism and communication, the basic theory of art and television and the theory of broadcasting, etc. Students also get trained through broadcasting practices for radio and television, hosting practices for radio & TV programs, program planning for new media and radio & TV, interviews and program production, etc. Finally, students are competent with related professional skills and quality.
Graduates can continue further studies in related discipline, or expose themselves to the media of radio & TV or new media as a broadcaster, a host, an interviewer or an editor for radio & TV programs. They also can work at companies, public institutions or state organs engaging in the work of culture propaganda and promotion and planning, etc. Through a five-year training program focused on practical education in broadcasting and hosting of radio& TV and other areas alike, students can know well the knowledge of mass culture communication and skills of oral communication to become persons with highly humanistic quality and mainstream value judgment. Thus as expected to be ready for creation, promotion and management work in the field of broadcasting and hosting of radio and television and other cultural communication areas.
II Training Requirement
Students in this major are to be educated with the basic and theoretical knowledge of broadcasting art, journalism and communication and language literature, etc. They will also get trainings and practices in terms of vocalization training as well as planning, interviewing, broadcasting, hosting and editing for audio-visual programs.
Graduates shall obtain following required knowledge and abilities:
(1) Receiving general education and learning both basic and professional knowledge of the discipline and the major. Having in hand the development trend of the discipline with an international view. Being able to explain the phenomenon of the field through the acquired professional knowledge.
(2) With learned knowledge and methods of the major, being able to provide corresponding countermeasures and suggestions that can develop into a final solution through judgement, analysis and study of the existing issues in the field.
(3) Collecting and analyzing the data in the field through proper utilization of modern information technologies and analysis tools to complete the professional tasks.
(4) Skillfully communicating with industry peers and the public about the phenomenon and issues occurred in the field through with both verbal and written communication skills.
(5) Having the awareness of teamwork and can play a personal role in the activities related with the major and multi-disciplines. Being cooperative with other team members.
(6)Having sense of self-conducted learning and life-long learning. Capable of adaptation to the development through continuous study and entrepreneurship.
(7) Possessing the quality of humanities, scientific spirit and social responsibilities. Meanwhile, being a good master of the relevant laws, regulations and policies of the field to understand and abide by the professional ethics and norm during the practices.
(8) A good master of communication skills in foreign languages that can read professional materials written in foreign languages. Also being particular familiar with the computer operational skills that can put to use both general office software and professional production audio-visual software.
III Main Discipline and Core Courses
Main discipline: Chinese language and literature; Journalism and communication; Film-and-television drama.
Core courses: (1) Disciplinary courses: introduction of communication, introductory theory of television, modern Chinese literature, history of Chinese literature, history of European and American literature; (2) Major courses: introductory theory of broadcasting and hosting art, broadcasting vocalization training, basic language training, broadcasting pronunciation creation, radio & TV broadcasting, hosting of radio program and hosting of television program, etc.
Practical teaching plans: practice teaching (six weeks); academic year thesis; graduation internship (six weeks); graduation thesis (ten weeks).
Main experiments: broadcasting vocalization training, basic language training, broadcasting pronunciation creative basics, radio & TV broadcasting, hosting of radio program and hosting of television program.
IV Features and Orientation of the Training
Features: To be adapted to the industry development of information communication and media culture; Giving full play to superiority of discipline layout as a comprehensive university; Underlining the features of social practicality of the applied-oriented discipline; Strengthening the communication and infiltration between disciplines. Setting the training goal through laying foundation on integrated quality of culture, providing holistic approach of professional education in terms of media, culture and journalism and considering excellent, efficient and top-class oral communication skills as the core professional quality. To make sure students get a wide range of employment opportunities with solid foundation of knowledge through the whole process of the training.
V Length of Schooling
Generally four years.
Bachelor of Arts
VII Qualified Standards for Graduation
(1) Having both good thinking quality and physical quality, which conform to standard of moral education and physical education stipulated by school.
(2) Through all teaching plans required in the training program, students should gain accumulated 150 credits, including 132 credits from course-teaching and 18 credits from practical teaching.
(3) Completing extra-curricular training plan to acquire another eight credits.